Saturday, May 27, 2006


Track 02 – GAWd
The only song I’ve written stoned. About a particular girlfriend, work, and shit, not about God. Chords are Am-C-F-D7 C-Em-F-D7 C-Em-C-E(maj)7-D C-Em-C-Em-C-Em-F-Fm C-Em-F-Fm Am-C-F-D7. Words are “if you’d chose to live here, you’d be home now/you would be lost without your latest comrades/I gotta go but they can stay round/Cayla’s not at home but will be later/you can’t short change me like your dollar bills/I won’t change by standing still/if you’re gone too long, you’ll miss the tv/you’ll miss the happiness that comes from seeing your dreams lived out on that screen/after work, you’re tired and unhappy/you’re not surprised to find you’d got it all wrong/a hopeful ear pressed to the phone like “gawd, it’s awful funny we should meet”/oh the irony you pick out of your teeth/ “for so long I’ve felt somehow incomplete”/oh God, don’t say that/I’m dreaming about cheating as we speak/I’ve ate fast food reheated for 3 weeks now/I’ve been obsessing over the smallest things cos I’m trying to distract myself from the big things/we’ve built a home on false concern and flowers/there will be extra seats set at the table/napkins folded but we don’t use them/you’d feel right at home but you’d be thinking you’d be like heaven if you lost a few pounds.”-midge.


GAWd - Sure Juror

2 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is very interesting site... »

2:06 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

You have an outstanding good and well structured site. I enjoyed browsing through it »

7:14 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home