Wednesday, February 21, 2007

The recap of our “the blogs love Sure Juror NYC tour”…(after a 7 hour bus ride from NJ its about time I updated this thing)

Thanks to everyone that set up and played and got us drunk, etc, etc, etc…

January 27, 2007 The Underrated Blog threw a bash that could put any big named, over-hyped indie dance fest to shame. There was lots of drinking, lots of dancing, and lots of great music. The night was by far the best overall show start to finish. We showed up to Sin-e at our prearranged load-in time, and to our surprise and delight we were greeted by hellos and 4 cases of PBR. Although we went on first around 8:15-8:30 the place was already packed. This was our first show since CMJ, and we had added a new drummer and violinist to the line-up, and we were also trying out some new material and playing some songs from smut that we haven’t played live yet. We received a great response during and after our set…no mishaps this time, and I’d like to believe that we all were thoroughly drunk midway through the set.

It was interesting to be playing in New York with 2 other bands from our home turf. Seth Kallen & The Reactions and Liam and Me…Seth & Kallen went on after us, and kept the crowd pumped with a great stage presence and an infectious groove in their music. It was my first time seeing them play live and I was completely impressed at how tight the band was on stage. They win best new friends of the night. We are going to have to kick some ass in Philadelphia with those kids sometime soon. After Seth Kallen & The Reactions came The White Rabbits. I have had the pleasure to see them on numerous occasions since I moved to Brooklyn, and they have never disappointed me. They also won over the hearts of my band mates as well. After what felt like a long night and prosperous night already The Go Station went on, and if (forgive me if I’m out of line) you like Oasis, then you’ll have no trouble falling in love with these guys. The night was wrapped up by Liam and Me…and to be honest, I don’t remember them actually taking the stage. I remember seeing them on stage and the crowd, and Kevin dancing up on me. Those boys always put on a great show, and even if I was to drunk to remember, I have seen them many times before, and they definitely know how to get the crowd going even after 4 bands already sucked the life out of you.

We packed up, and headed to the after party at 87. It wasn’t until I arrived that I found out our shows sponsor was waiting in the ER with some sort of illness. Our Violinist’s first show with the band was also his birthday…When you get home around 6:30 am on any night you can always assure yourself that the night was a success.

February 3, 2007 I Rock I Roll took up the responsibility of hosting the first of our 2 shows @ Pianos this month (and with candy no less to sweeten the deal). The night was kicked off by NYC native Linfinity. I had only heard a few songs by the band, and was upset at first to hear that it would only be a solo appearance by the singer/songwriter Dylan. He performance was amazing. Not what I expected at all, and everything I could have hoped is the only way to describe his set. Next up was Americans, and they pulled off a seamless transition from solo acoustic to full band. They had introduced themselves to me earlier…but guess what…yep that’s a good assumption. We took the stage for the second time at Pianos, and this time with an extra person. Our set went by flawlessly, and once again the response was great. It felt good to finish our set this time. And finally wrapping up our half of the night was The Wading Girl a band from Virginia(?) if memory serves me correct….They performed a stellar show, and I hope to catch them the next time they’re in town so I can give them a more sober review.

Thus ends part 1 of this epic saga…I leave you with a song to keep you entertained until tomorrow when I become productive again and finish the story.

Always,

Sean (Sure Juror)

You’ll Never Recognize It – Sure Juror (Live in West Chester, PA March 24, 2006)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home